We wish the Fruits Basket (French) Community to be an active and dynamic one, which is why we regularly organise all kinds of events (contests, IRLs, involvements, mail dispatching to support the author?). If you wish to join in, the forum is the place where everything is discussed, so all you have to do is register!
Ongoing event : /
Past events :
- Contest SF related [results]
- IRL in Paris, May 7th, 2005.
- Dolls contest (February 2005)
- First contest (dialogues) December 2003
- Involvement with Delcourt/Akata to improve the quality of the French edition of the manga – April 2004
- Second contest (fanfictions) - May 2004
- IRL at the Japan Expo salon in Paris – July 2004 (see pictures - 2003 archives)
- Postcard to Natsuki Takaya (more than 200 messages gathered) – July 2004
- FB double contest - November 2004
- IRL in Chamigny (interTeams) – December 2004
- IRL in Paris (February 19th, in Paris, Forum des Halles)
- ¤ Summer Contest ¤ [click here for more info]
Frequently asked questions :
Some of the pages on the website are not translated, when are you going to do it?
- Regarding chapter translations, they will not be translated, since they have already been translated from English. Those of you who wish to read the English versions should register to the Fruitygroup Mailing List.
- Regarding volumes summaries, analysis, etc, we do not plan to translate them anytime soon, as this represents a lot of work, but they will be eventually. However if you are able to write summaries and analyses, we shall be glad to make them public. Two conditions for that : good spelling and sufficient length.
Please send your texts to or , along with your username and link to your website/blog/LJ if you have one (it will be linked on the page where your text will be).
- Because of its size, the website?s FAQ will not be translated.
Do you plan on working on an italian/spanish/russian (etc) version of the website?
No we don?t. ^^
And we sincerely apologize to our international viewers, but Suba Furuba?s benevolent structure and our lack of free time do not allow the administration of a multitude of versions.
Where can I find scanlations/official pictures/anime episodes?
These files are illegal, since the manga and the anime series are now licensed almost everywhere in the world. Besides, scanlations are a burden to the author. Therefore, even if you live far from any manga store, please respect and support Takaya sensei?s work by purchasing her manga on the internet instead of downloading poorly translated, illegal versions.
When will the next contest be?
Contests are organised according to the Japanese publication schedule (issue of a new volume of the manga, for instance) or according to holidays (Christmas, Easter…). It also depends on the Team’s financial abilities: some of us are students, and items and postage are paid out of our own money. But you might expect from 2 to 3 contests a year.
Conditions of participation to the contests organized by Suba Furuba are specified on the presentation pages of the contests. Most of them are accessible to our international visitors, except for the ones organized in partnership with Delcourt, the manga?s French publishing company.
Did you get any reply to the postcard sent to Takaya Sensei?
Not as of yet. As soon as (or if) I get one, I?ll let you guys know.
Would it be possible to organise an IRL that would last longer than a day?
No, it wouldn?t. The reason for that is that there are too many of us out there! To organise a real IRL, one must rent a house, buy some food, and means of transport for everyone have to be taken care of. Doing so for more than 15 people would just not be possible (the amount of spent money would be too important).
How did the Delcourt-Akata involvement go?
It went very well: the publishing company?s staff has taken our plea into consideration, and from volume 12 on, the French translation will be more accurate and more faithful to the original version. Plus, the previous volumes (1 to 11) will also be edited and published again, to remain true to the original publication. [for more info click here]
Translating the entire website was a huge piece of work, and I did that alone.
I really tried to do my best, however I am not a native speaker and did not use any beta reader for this work. Therefore, I'm feeling concerned that there might be spelling or grammar mistakes left in the texts that I wrote. If you see any mistake, please feel free to let me know, this would be very helpful to me.
At any rate, any feedback (positive or negative) would be *greatly* appreciated.
Please drop me a line >>