By entering the chat, you are committing yourself to abide by the rules of the Fantasya charter regarding online discussions, and by the Chat Rules.
The Chat is a place where all FB fans can talk. We allow non-FB fans to enter the Chat, provided that they too abide by the Rules.
Too many violations have occurred in the past, and as a consequence the Chat is now under zero tolerance. We will be extremely rigid regarding non-respect of the Chat Rules, and the sanctions taken will not be disputable (no ifs, ands or buts about it). We want everyone to have a good time. To that end we have established the following rules.
It is strictly forbidden to :
- denigrate, insult, be aggressive, or to act any other behaviour that could hurt, disparage or put any other user down (whether they?re online or not). This means no personnal attacks on other users.
- to pick up a fight with anyone, or to encourage any war.
- to act or talk in a way that would be prejudicial to the salon?s atmosphere in any way
- to annoy users with private messages
- use explicit or discriminatory language
- enter the chat channel in order to hit on the users
- to post links to websites with adult/inappropriate content
Please bear in mind that nobody is anonymous on the Internet, Therefore we will not hesitate to lodge a complaint against you with your Internet provider and if need be, the recording of the conversation shall be used.
For any question please contact an operator or a channel moderator.
How it works
IRC (Internet Relay Chat) is an internet chat system which allows users to connect to a server (with an IRC chat client) that allows them to chat in real-time in a group-channel with other / multiple users.
The server here is chat.fantasy.org. The channel is #fruitsbasket.
After connecting, one picks a username and is able to join a chat channel and participate in conversations.
Once you?ve pressed on the ?GO? button, a grey window should pop up, as well as another smaller window, requiring your agreement for the installation of the applet java (which is the java chat client). You must click on the ?yes? button. If that smaller window does not appear, it means your java version needs to be updated.
You will need to restart your computer so that the modification can be effective.